Red Rock Canyons
Western Colorado & Eastern Utah
The Red Rock Canyons bike tour is our original tour, and it became our most popular itinerary after being featured in the New York Times in 2010: “We had awakened before dawn to get a jump on the desert heat and rolled out under a headlight moon, pedaling fast in the cool morning of the Dolores River Canyon. There were no cars, not out here. There was only the sound of bike tires on asphalt, the river’s murmur, the cascading song of a canyon wren and that beginning-of-the-world smell of river mud in the blue morning.”
- October 17 – 22 * Just 1 room left for 1 or 2 people!
- May 1 – 6
- May 8 – 13
- May 15 – 20
- May 22 – 27
- Sept 25 – 30
- A new moon on Sept 25, 2022 means dark stargazing at night!
2022 Utah EPIC Tour Dates – 14-Days/13-Nights; Red Rock Canyon + Boulder, Bryce & Zion
- May 8 to 21
1st Week Redrock Canyons & 2nd Week Utah Mountains
- Duration: 6-days
- Ride Type: Road
- Level: Intermediate / Advanced
- Average Daily Mileage: 60 – 70
- Price: RCT: $3,145
- *Price: 14-day Utah Epic (2 tours in 1): $5,595
The Red Rocks tour is a supported lodge-to-lodge road cycling tour that follows a seldom seen route through the Red Rock Canyon country of western Colorado and eastern Utah.
This iconic region boasts striking geologic features, numerous prehistoric cultural sites and encompasses some of the greatest unexplored wilderness in the country.
If you are to ride just one tour in the American West, this is the one to experience.
Red Rocks is a superb tour for all cycling abilities ranging from intermediate to E.F.I. (every freaking inch) riders.
Although the tour appears to be a big mileage tour, the segments are determined by the distance between lodges in this remote landscape, as such we cater each day so that intermediate level riders enjoy themselves immensely.
We guarantee you’ll love the unmatched scenery and fantastic lodging of our flagship Red Rock Canyons tour.
Meeting & Ending Town: Grand Junction, Colorado
DAY 1 – Grand Junction to Gateway Canyons Resort
DAY 2 – Unaweep Canyon Out & Back, or Bull Canyon Out & Back
DAY 3 – Gateway to Mt. Peale Inn (Queen Stage)
DAY 4 – Mt. Peale Inn to Monticello, Utah
DAY 5 – Bluff, Utah to Monument Valley, Arizona
DAY 6 – Monument Valley to (Lake Powell)
Optional Low-Level Scenic Flight ($230)
Transfer back to Grand Junction with dinner at a cowboy bar in Green River, Utah.
- Best bike tour in the US for scenery & lodging
- Ride through the Colorado National Monument
- Stunning geology of Unaweep Canyon
- Monument Valley’s famous terrain & steeply sloped buttes
- Sunning Lake Powell
- Gateway Canyons Resort – 2 pool complexes, world-class auto museum, the Discovery HD Theatre, adventure center & hiking trails
- Ride off-road from Gateway to Bull Canyon Dinosaur Tracks & back
- 6-nights of exceptional lodging, including 2-nights at the spectacular Gateway Canyons Resort
- All meals
- 5-days of guide service
- Mechanical support
- Support vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Energy food, snacks, and non-alcoholic refreshments
- Scenic flight on Day-6 – add $275 for this optional activity
(RE: Red Rock Canyons & Tour of the Gila) I would rate both tours 11/10 & would say there are more similarities than differences. The similarities are that you have a winning formula in terms of tour length, ride length, amount of climbing, food, accommodation, & slickness of organization such that it runs smoothly all the time. Having said that, variety is built in & is what makes it so enjoyable. Your “model” is very adept at catering to big groups, small groups, different hopes & expectations, & flexibility in response to client requests. The guides operate exactly the same in reflecting your company values (a high level of internal consistency). The differences were that (Redrock Canyons) was high on “wow factor” scenery & that (Tour of the Gila) was good for long, arduous but non-punishing climbs.
– Craig B.