Moab & The Back of Beyond
Utah & Colorado
Delve into the heart of Red Rock Canyon country on our Moab Back of Beyond Bike Tour.
- March 21 – 26
- March 28 – April 2
- April 4 – 9
- April 11 – 16
- April 25 – 30
- May 2 – 7
- May 9 – 14 *New Moon on May 11
- May 16 – 21
- August 29 – September 3
- September 12 – 17
- September 19 – 24
- September 26 – October 1
- October 10 – 16
- October 17 – 22
- Duration: 6-days
- Ride Type: Road
- Level: Intermediate / Intermediate+ / Advanced
- Daily Mileage: 20 – 102
- Price: $2,850
Ride through the supernatural landscapes of Arches and Canyonlands National Parks, climb the scenic La Sal Mountain Loop and pedal beneath 800′ Red Rock sandstone walls along the Colorado River. We spend our last two nights at the spectacular Gateway Canyons Resort!
“The Best of the West” – our Moab & The Back of Beyond Tour is located right in our backyard. We know and love this area! Ride with us to enjoy our local knowledge of the best rides, lodges, and dining in Red Rock Canyon country.
The pure geography of this region leaves one awe-struck. Although located in a desert region, the Moab & The Back of Beyond Tour meanders along two of the great rivers of the southwest: the Colorado and Dolores rivers.
Additionally the Moab & The Back of Beyond Tour boasts views of multiple mountain ranges including:
- La Sals
- San Juan
Meeting & Ending Town: Grand Junction, Colorado
DAY 1 – Unaweep Canyon
DAY 2 – Dead Horse Point
DAY 3 – La Sal Loop Road to Red Cliffs Lodge
DAY 4 – Day of Options in Moab *
DAY 5 – Old La Sal to Gateway Canyons Resort
DAY 6 – Layover in Gateway – Unaweep Canyon Out & Back
DAY 7 – Early morning transfer from Gateway to Grand Junction, Colorado airport
* Optional: hot air ballooning, bungee jumping, mountain biking, rafting, jeeping, driving on Slickrock, skydiving, hot air ballooning, rock climbing, tandem base jumping, & more.
- Arches National Park The Devils Garden Trail
- Dead Horse Point State Park
- The Manti-La Sal National Forest
- The Paradox Valley
- “Most Beautiful miles ever Ridden” *
* Dropping out of the San Juan Mountains, the Dolores River runs to the confluence of the Colorado River near the Colorado-Utah border. The 35-mile Dolores River Canyon section of Day-5’s ride is considered by previous guests as one of the “most beautiful” rides they have ever done.
- 6-days of guide service
- Mechanical support
- Support vehicle
- Transfer to and from Moab region
- 6-nights of lodging, including 2-nights at the spectacular Gateway Canyons Resort
- 4-breakfasts, 6-lunches, 4-dinners
- Entrance fees
- Energy food, snacks, and non-alcoholic refreshments
I am missing the days spent outside, the breathtaking views, and the time spent getting to know this wonderful group of people. Thank you all for making my first bike trip such an amazing experience.
It was an outstanding trip with great scenery, wonderful camaraderie, and fantastic behind-scene support. The stark canyon geography, and sparsely traveled roads are a real treasure. Hopefully we can all enjoy another bike trip together real soon.