Lake Garda to Venice Lagoon
Enjoy cycling quiet roads and bike paths cycling from Lake Garda to the Venetian Lagoon.
This unforgettable cycling holiday in Italy takes you from the rugged northern shores of Lake Garda to timeless Venice, with many fascinating and charming sites and towns along the way. Enjoy gentle country riding as you take in the natural wonders of Northern Italy and a climate that goes from alpine to mediterranean. Veneto is nestled between sparkling lake Garda, the Dolomites, and the Adriatic. Veneto is much more than Venice and a journey by bike is the best way to discover all the Veneto has to offer.
- June 17 – 24
- Contact me for departure dates
- Duration: 8-days
- Ride Type: Road
- Difficulty: Recreational (1 of 3)
- Average Daily Mileage: 15 – 30
- Price: $5,795
At 32 miles long and about 10.5 miles wide, Lake Garda is Italy’s largest lake and was formed by a glacier 1.5 million years ago. From the rocky cliffs above the northern shoreline (at the foot of the Dolomites) to the lovely beaches dominating the southern shore, Lake Garda is also the geographical and political border between Veneto, Lombardy, and Trentino. You’ll get to enjoy part of this diverse and breathtaking landscape from both land and water.
From Sirmione, your cycling route follows scenic bike paths with many opportunities to taste local wines, artisanal products, and traditional, mouth-watering recipes. You’ll get to appreciate the slow-paced lifestyle of well-preserved small and mid-sized towns. We’ll spend two nights in Verona and we are sure you will fall in love with its charming, culturally-dense city center.
Continuing by bike you will follow the Po River Valley, alongside canals, through fields cultivated with fruit and vines, and over hills with plenty of time in between to stop and see the sights along the way, such as hidden gems like the riverside villages of Valeggio sul Mincio and Borghetto.
An easygoing and quiet route leads you to the Venetian Lagoon, situated on the Adriatic Sea in an enclosed bay. While the city of Venice is located there, the lagoon comprises so much more. We’ll visit the barrier island of Pallestrina and eventually make it to Chioggia, which offers canals and character without the crowds.
DAY 1 – Sirmione – 9 mls – Flat
DAY 2 – Sirmione – Verona – 30 mls – Flat
DAY 3 – Val Policella – 22 mls – Hilly
DAY 4 – Verona – Montagnana – 28 or 35 mls – Flat
DAY 5 – Montagnana – Padua – 19 or 38 mls – Flat
DAY 6 – Padua – Abano Terme – 22 mls – Rolling
DAY 7 – Padua – Chioggia – 28 mls – Flat
DAY 8 – Transfer to Venice airport.
- Cycle along the shores of Lake Garda
- Enjoy lunch and a tasting at a local winery
- Visit Borghetto and Arquà Petrarca belonging to the Prettiest Villages of Italy club
- Ride the Adige river bike path
- Explore Verona the city of Romeo and Juliet and of the Arena
- Savor many gourmet dinners and typical wines
- Discover underrated Padua
- Ride the beautiful wine region of Valpolicella
- A grand finale on the Venetian lagoon in charming Chioggia
- Sirmione and Peschiera, UNESCO sites
- Two professional tour guides throughout the program
- All accommodations in 4 star hotels and one 3 star hotel
- All breakfasts, all lunches, and all dinners
- Wine and beer with meals, coffee, cappuccino, and gelato stops
- Tastings of wine and local specialties
- Ferry and boat rides
- Logistical support during the tour and luggage transfer
- Guided walking tour of Verona
- Shuttle at the beginning and at the end of the tour
- All activities mentioned in the day-by-day description
- Bianchi bike rental
- GPS navigation and maps (digital)
We had the holiday of a lifetime and wouldn’t hesitate in going on another with you!
– Linda G