Cycling Coastal Thailand
This Thailand bicycle tour will provide a unique insight into the life and traditions of Thais and the beautiful southern coast. We cycle off the main roads as much as possible, so we can explore long stretches of beaches, the beautiful island of Koh Talu, and scenic areas around Koh Kho Khao and Khao Lak.
- July 2- 17
- October 15 – 25 * Confirmed
- November 5 – 15 *Confirmed
- December 27 – January 6, 2024
- January 7 – 17 *Confirmed
- Contact me for the full list of 2024 dates.
- Duration: 11-days
- Ride Type: Touring
- Difficulty: Moderate (Level 3 of 6)
- Average Daily Mileage: 2
- Price: $2,800
We meet in Bangkok and transfer to quiet roads to begin our tour with a glimpse at a traditional way of life along canals. From the floating market, we take our first boat trip and see wooden houses from water level. From here, we head south to explore the beautiful coastal provinces on the Gulf of Thailand and the Andaman Sea, visiting friendly fishing villages on our leisurely cycle.
We ride through the stunning mountain scenery of Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park, take a speed boat to the tranquil island of Koh Talu where snorkeling in the crystal clear water is possible right from the beach, spend the evening with a fisherman to catch squid, and boat through a mangrove.
We have a true Thai experience when we venture off the beaten track, staying overnight at a traditional fishing community with a family.
Cycling Thailand’s coastline, we discover more about the history, culture, scenery, and of course the beaches of this beautiful country.
We end our cycling on the coast of the Andaman Sea in Khao Lak, where the beaches are seemingly endless.
DAY 1 – Bangkok – Ampawa
DAY 2 – Ampawa – Kaeng Krachan
DAY 3 – Kaeng Krachan – Hua Hin
DAY 4 – Hua Hin – Sam Roi Yot – Bran Krut
DAY 5 – Ban Krut – Ko Talu
DAY 6 – Ko Talu – Chumphon
DAY 7 – Chumphon – Ranong
DAY 8 – Ranong – Kuraburi
DAY 9 – Kuraburi – Takuapa
DAY 10 – Takuapa – Khao Lak
DAY 11 – Departure
- Ride through mango orchards, sugar cane fields, palm plantations & fishing villages
- Damnoen Nam Saduak Floating Market
- Participate in Thai traditions & learn local customs
- Long-tail boat cruise
- Visit Buddhist Temples
- Kaeng Krachan National Park
- Stay at Boathouse Paradise riverside resort
- Swim at Poonyaban waterfall
- Sam Roi Yot National Park
- Snorkel & stay at Koh Talu Island Resort
- Relax in natural hot springs
Meals (as indicated)
Snacks and drinks
The guides and support staff take utmost care to provide a first class travel experience based on a carefully thought out itinerary. Can’t say enough good things about this trip.
– Monica L