Cultural Road from Hoi An to Siem Reap
Southeast Asian bike tour from Vietnam to Cambodia
Feel like a time traveler as you relive many periods of history from the 4th century ruins of My Son to the 10th century Khmer Empire, all the way to the present day.
- October 15 – 28 *Confirmed
- January 7 – 20
- February 18 – March 2
- October 13 – 26 *Confirmed
- Duration: 14-days
- Ride Type: Touring
- Difficulty: Active (Level 4 of 6)
- Average Daily Mileage: 45
- Price: $2,900
Beginning in Hoi An and ending in Siem Reap, we explore the local culture of Vietnam and Cambodia while surrounded by unforgettable scenery, long coastal roads, and golden sunsets.
Riding along the Vietnamese coastline we enjoy a mix of eye opening history and unbelievable scenery.
During this 14 day journey, we visit three UNESCO World Heritage sites, explore many ancient and colonial historical sites, and of course make plenty of time to sample local food and some of Vietnam’s best coffee!
Crossing the border into Cambodia, we spend time in remote villages, spot dolphins on the Mekong River, and make time to learn about local Khmer life. We end our tour in the picturesque town of Siem Reap, which hosts the magnificent temple sites of the Angkor Wat complex.
DAY 1 – Meet in Hoi An
DAY 2 – Hoi An – My Son – Hoi An
DAY 3 – Hoi An – Quang Ngai – My Lai
DAY 4 – Quang Ngai – Kon Tum
DAY 5 – Kon Tum – Pleiku
DAY 6 – Pleiku – Cambodia Border – Banlung
DAY 7 – Banlung Rest Day
DAY 8 – Banlung – Stung Treng
DAY 9 – Stung Treng – Kratie
DAY 10 – Kratie – Kampong Cham
DAY 11 – Kampong Cham – Kampong Thom
DAY 12 – Kampong Thom – Siem Reap
DAY 13 – Siem Reap – Angkor – Siem Reap
DAY 14 – Onward Travels
- Hoi An – UNESCO World Heritage Site
- My Son – ancient centre of Cham civilization
- My Lai – American/Vietnam War site & museum
- Violak Pass & town of Mangden
- Local villages of the Jarai & Bhanar tribes
- Pleiku – best coffee in Vietnam
- Special Khemer dinner at Le Tonle Tourism Training Centre
- Boat ride on the Mekong to see the Irrawaddy dolphins
- Wat Han Chey pagoda & temple
- Angkor Wat temple
- SpiceRoads jersey
- Water bottle
- Support vehicle
- Meals (as indicated)
- Airport drop off
- Snacks and drink
Excellent team of leaders and support crew for both Vietnam and Cambodia, definitely exceeded expectations. Will be recommending this tour to family and friends. A great trip! Hope to ride with you again.
– Jo-Anne P