Boulder, Bryce & Zion
Utah’s most famous natural wonders.
The Boulder, Bryce & Zion bike tour visits the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, Bryce Canyon National Park, and Zion National Park.
- May 24 – 29
- June 1 – 6
- July 12 – 17
- July 20 – 25
- July 27 – August 1
- August 23 – 28
- September 13 – 19
- September 21 – 26
- September 27 – October 2 *
- October 4 – 9
*SPECIAL TOUR – Sept 27: The Utah Mountains & National Parks Bike Tour is offered on this date with a special 3-Night Stay at the Boulder Mountain Lodge!
- Duration: 6-days
- Ride Type: Road
- Level: Intermediate+ / Advanced / Expert
- Daily Mileage: 32 – 67
- Price: $2,795
The mountains and high desert of southwest Utah are a cycling and hiking mecca. Our Boulder, Bryce & Zion Utah bike tour delivers a combination of nearly car-free roads, jaw-dropping scenery and bucket list cycling route that is not typically ridden in its entirety by most Utah bike tours. If one thinks they have already “done” Utah, they haven’t ridden our Utah!
We incorporate easily accessible mileage options so that both intermediate and advanced riders can enjoy this land of the petrified red and white sand dunes of the Aquarius, Colorado and Paunsaugunt Plateaus.
Is Utah too hot in the Summer?
Utah is hardly the flat desert many believe it to be, it has mountains and our Boulder, Bryce & Zion tour rides along at elevations from 6,500′ up to 10,000′. With every 1,000′ of elevation the temperature is 4 to 5 degrees cooler. So the heat is moderated (like it is in Colorado) due to Utah’s significant elevation. For example Moab sits at 4,500′ and is usually 10 to 20 degrees warmer than the BBZ region.
Additionally in July and August this region of Utah receives afternoon rainfall on almost a daily basis. One would not expect this in a “desert”, but Utah topography creates cloud cover that is great for bike riding because it cools the atmosphere. And finally on warm days, we depart early in the morning to ride when it is still cool.
Meeting Town: Meet in St. George at 6am.Transfer to Torrey to start.
DAY 0 – Arrival in St. George, Utah
DAY 1 – Tour starts in St. George at 6am; transfer to Torrey; Boulder Mountain Ride
DAY 2 – Burr Trail, Long Canyon & Calf Creek Falls
DAY 3 – Boulder, Utah to Bryce Canyon National Park
DAY 4 – Bryce Canyon to Red Canyon to Zion National Park
DAY 5 – Layover in Springdale, Utah
DAY 6 – Springdale, Utah to Virgin River Narrows into Zion National Park. Mid-afternoon (Saturday), transfer back to our meeting hotel in St. George where you can choose to spend a night, or shuttle back to Las Vegas.
- Utah’s Scenic Highway 12 – we ride the full 124 miles of this world class cycling route
- Stay at our favorite lodge, the Boulder Mountain Lodge
- HIke to the desert oasis, Calf Creek Falls & swimming hole
- Dinner at the award-winning Hell’s Backbone Grill
- Bryce Canyon National Park
- Night at The Lodge at Bryce Canyon within the National Park
- Exhilarating night hike under the stars
- Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument
- Cycling from Bryce through Red Canyon and into Zion
- Zion National Park – optional hiking
- 6-days of guide service
- Mechanical support
- Support vehicle
- Transfer to and from Moab region
- 6-nights of lodging, including 2-nights at the spectacular Gateway Canyons Resort
- 4-breakfasts, 6-lunches, 4-dinners
- Entrance fees
- Energy food, snacks, and non-alcoholic refreshments
You guys run a really smooth, smart, inclusive, appropriately challenging operation, and I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it! I am going to waste no time in telling my riding mates what a serious mistake they made in not joining me for this trip.