Boulder, Bryce & Zion
Utah’s most famous natural wonders.
- May 31 – June 5 * Tour a go
- August 2 – 7
- August 26 – 31
- August 30 – September 4
- September 13 – 18 * Tour opened
- September 20 – 25 * 2nd week of Utah EPIC
- September 26 – October 1
- October 3: Utah MTNS * Tour a go
- October 11 – 16
Note: Utah MTNS is similar and 1-day longer than BBZ.
- Duration: 6-days
- Ride Type: Road
- Level: Intermediate / Advanced
- Total Miles: 195 – 400
- Daily Mileage: 10 – 95
- Price: $2,995
The mountains and high desert of southwest Utah are a cycling and hiking mecca. Our Boulder, Bryce & Zion Utah bike tour delivers a combination of nearly car-free roads, jaw-dropping scenery and bucket list cycling route that is not typically ridden in its entirety by most Utah bike tours. If one thinks they have already “done” Utah, they haven’t ridden our Utah!
We incorporate easily accessible mileage options so that both intermediate and advanced riders can enjoy this land of the petrified red and white sand dunes of the Aquarius, Colorado and Paunsaugunt Plateaus.
Is Utah too hot in the Summer?
Utah is hardly the flat desert many believe it to be, it has mountains and our Boulder, Bryce & Zion tour rides along at elevations from 6,500′ up to 10,000′. With every 1,000′ of elevation the temperature is 4 to 5 degrees cooler. So the heat is moderated (like it is in Colorado) due to Utah’s significant elevation. For example Moab sits at 4,500′ and is usually 10 to 20 degrees warmer than the BBZ region.
Additionally in July and August this region of Utah receives afternoon rainfall on almost a daily basis. One would not expect this in a “desert”, but Utah topography creates cloud cover that is great for bike riding because it cools the atmosphere. And finally on warm days, we depart early in the morning to ride when it is still cool.
Meeting Town: Day-1 at 6am in S. George – we depart via shuttle for Torrey at the start of Utah’s scenic Highway 12.
DAY 0 – Arrival in St. George, Utah; fly into LAS & arrange your own shuttle to St. George
DAY 1 – Tour starts in St. George & departs via shuttle for Torrey at the start of Utah’s Scenic Highway 12; Boulder Mountain Ride
DAY 2 – Burr Trail, Long Canyon & Calf Creek Falls
DAY 3 – Boulder, Utah to Bryce Canyon National Park
DAY 4 – Bryce Canyon to Red Canyon to Zion National Park; Sunrise Point & Red Canyon Bike Trail
DAY 5 – Layover in Springdale, Utah; options to hike Zion or bike Kolob canyon
DAY 6 – Springdale, Utah to Virgin River Narrows into Zion National Park; Sunrise ride!
Mid-afternoon (Saturday), transfer back to our meeting hotel in St. George where you can choose to spend a night, or shuttle back to Las Vegas.
- Utah’s Scenic Highway 12 – we ride the full 124 miles of this world class cycling route
- Views of: Capital Reef National Monument, Waterpocket Fold, & Henry Mtns
- Stay at our favorite lodge, the Boulder Mountain Lodge
- Hike to the desert oasis, Calf Creek Falls & wild swimming hole
- Dinner at the award-winning Hell’s Backbone Grill
- Bryce Canyon National Park
- Night hike under the stars (seasonal in the fall)
- Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument
- Cycling from Bryce through Red Canyon and into Zion
- Zion National Park – optional hiking: Angel’s Landing, The Narrows through the Virgin River, Weeping Rock, & more
- Kolob Canyon – this optional ride offers climbs of 5k’ & tremendous views of Zion from above
- 5-nights of exceptional lodging
- All meals
- 6-days of guide service
- Mechanical support
- Support vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Energy food, snacks, and non-alcoholic refreshments
- Additional cost: pre & post tour shuttle (St. George to Vegas)
You guys run a really smooth, smart, inclusive, appropriately challenging operation, and I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it! I am going to waste no time in telling my riding mates what a serious mistake they made in not joining me for this trip.